Monday, April 21, 2008

Quilting Progress

I've made my first quilting square!! I actually made this over a week ago, but I forgot to blog about it. It's a snowman if you can't tell quite yet (it's going to have button eyes and a carrotish nose). Now I just have 3 more like this to make and then do all the borders and sashing etc. etc. I really don't know what everything is called yet and I have tons more to do, but I have to say I'm really excited that I've gotten this far!!:)

14 comments:

Lynette said...

Yeah for quilting! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Cami said...

Awesome. The first thing I thought when I saw it was, "So a circle DOES have four sides," because Ethan was REALLY trying to convince me of that today. Silly boy.

Christie said...

oh, it looks like a lot of work. I am excited to see the whole thing together. Nice work. :-)

Mendy said...

Jenni, your snowman looks awesome! You'll be whipping that whole thing together in no time and then offering to send TWO to your mom. You're a natural.

ashlee said...

good for you! that will be a really fun winter/holiday quilt to have around.

Jared - Christina said...

Good job! Not only am I impressed with how good it looks, I'm impressed that you can finish a project! Me, not so much! Let me know when you are done with the snowman and I'll bring my quilted table runner that's 95% finished but has been in the closet for six years!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine learning how to quilt. Maybe some day. You are amazing. You can teach me how.

Meg said...

That is really cool! Is there a pattern you're following or do you have to create it all on your own? That seems like it would be tough to do. It looks really great!

Jenni said...

Meg, I'm definitely following a pattern - Jill, the leader of the quilting group in our ward, tells us step by step what to do(thank goodness!:)).

Corinne said...

YOU ARE A SEWING GODDES!!! I am telling you Jenni, anything you put your mind to comes out like a charm :)

Jann said...

Amazing Jenni. Great job.

Brenda said...

Way to go Jenni! I was going to go tonight, but Bri had to go out. I really need to finish my quilt that I started oh so long ago!

Jen Crook said...

Not sure if you had heard...we have had some MAJOR blog issues...it just disappeared so we have created a new one at we6crooks.blogspot.com. Be sure to fix it in your links! Thanks-Jen

the design boss said...

Good job, the corners look great! It sounds like it's going to be a very cute quilt! I love snowmen!! They are my favorite