Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Dirty Job

Today I did some cleaning that quite frankly I've been avoiding for quite a while. I scrubbed down my fridge and cleaned all the windows and window sills in the house, including the tracks of the sliding glass doors. Both the fridge and the windows were so bad and I just couldn't stand it any longer... So while Nina was taking her afternoon nap and Ben was having quiet time I donned my stylish Ikea lime green cleaning gloves and set to work. And can I just say the tracks of the sliding glass door were so darn gross!! ICK! The gunk I cleaned out of there reminded me of episodes of "How Clean is Your House"!! Have you ever watched that show?? Here's a link to a snippet on youtube. All the time that I was scrubbing with my bucket of hot soapy water I kept hearing in my head the voice of Kim from "How Clean is Your House" saying, "I can't believe you've let these windows get so filthy Jenni!!" As you can see it might be a good idea for me to lay-off the reality TV shows if I reenact them in my head! Well, in this case though at least a favorite reality TV show was egging me on to clean my house and not sing Neil Diamond songs horribly out of key (that was American Idol a few weeks ago)!:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that show! What a good housekeeper you are. If you still feel the urge to scrub tracks of sliding doors, mine are probably worse than yours, so come on over. I'm so excited for next week's finale of American Idol. Time to buy food for the occasion!

Jenny said...

I have been wanting to clean my window tracks for a while lately. Honestly, I'd love to deep-clean my whole house without kid interruption sometime. How insane am I?

Oh, and the "reenacting reality shows in my head" line gave me a good laugh. Thanks!

Christie said...

You should invite Mike Rowe next time. :-) Man you got a lot accomplished today. Kicked my butt, but we wont even get into that right now. I am refraining from putting up a very winey post. :-) Glad to hear of your success. :-)

Cami said...

I NEVER wash my windows. I did it while I was nesting, but not enough to actually go outside and wash the outside of the sliding glass door or anything. And only two windows got the vacuum treatment. Argh. My mom always gave us a dollar a window to wash them. Can't wait til my kids are old enough for that!

Meg said...

I hate cleaning the fridge! It's always so messy and it always seems to get that way as soon as I clean it. I love those kind of shows, we don't have cable so I don't get to see them too much. But good job! I considered buying some of those neon gloves at Ikea, maybe I should next time so I'll be inspired to use them :)

Kellie said...

I love the Brits! They are so dang funny. That show always makes me say to myself, "I'm not doing as badly as I think I am." Congrats on getting the yucky stuff done. I wish I liked any cleaning.

Deb said...

oh man. i try not to look at my windows. or several other places in the house. i've never seen that show. it might be a good thing. :)

the design boss said...

You crack me up!! Don't worry I have voices in my head to. I have a love hate relationship with those types of cleaning days. I always feel better about myself after though.