Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dishing at Let's Dish

About a week and a half ago I went to a wonderful place called Let's Dish and it was fantastic!! This is one of those places like My Girlfriends Kitchen and others like that were you go and put together freezer meals at a store. Honestly, I can't believe it took me so long to try it out because I love freezer meals and it made making freezer meals so easy!! I went with a friend and we shared a 12 meal package (so we each got 6 meals). I thought it was reasonably prices when you consider all the time it saved just going and dishing up the meals there rather then spending hours making freezer meals at home. So these are the meals I made:

- Chili Lime Marinated Pork Chops with Black Bean Salsa (we just had that tonight and it was yummy)

- Skewerless Chicken Satay and Cous Cous

- Pulled Pork (yes this is the pulled pork that Adrian mentioned in his mothers day post, so I'm coming clean and grudgingly giving credit to Let's Dish - hey I did put the freezer meal together though and everything so I can still say I cooked it right? ;))

- Calzones (these really didn't turn out very great, so I won't be getting them again - the calzone dough was almost rubbery after baking)

- Thai Marinated Flank Steak

- Apricot Chicken Tenders and Brown Rice

Don't those all sound yummy! We still haven't had the steak, apricot chicken, or chicken satay but so far I've been really happy. The calzones weren't great, but I'm not a huge fan of calzones in the first place (the kids liked them). Adrian said to me as I was leaving to go the Let's Dish, "Hey,this is like going to mecca for you isn't it?!" and I have to now say oh yes it was!! There is just something so satisfying about all the measuring and scooping and zipping up freezer bags!! I know I'm weird! I also love the feeling of having my freezer all full and my new 20 meal menu all planned out. A few days after my Let's Dish session I also made a few of our favorite freezer meals to top off the freezer (2 lazy lasagnas and 2 chicken tetrazzini). So I really enjoyed the whole dishing experience and I'm sure I'll be back to my freezer meal mecca again!

11 comments:

Deb said...

sounds fantastic. i love the idea of not having to think of something for dinner. that alone would be so nice.

Christie said...

call me next time, I want to do this. I need a bit more freezer space though.. hum, they do all sound yummy. I'll note not to do the calazones. keep us posted on the rest though. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'd love these meals. It would be great if you packed an extra few for me too next time. Or else just call me to go with you.

Cami said...

You're awesome. Sounds like the perfect Mecca for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love let's dish!! I have been going since lucie came and I go every month!! I have to say the calzones recipe was wrong!! It tells you to cook them way to long. But my second batch was really good!!

Corinne said...

Seriouly, it's hard for me to imagine a place that would remind me more of you :) except maybe office depot :)

Jen Crook said...

We have a Dream Dinners and it is fantastic! I love it and I love the meals. Yummy and such a time saver.

gwyn said...

What a great idea! I should look into that, especially with a baby coming - it would be so great not to have to worry about meals. I hear Let's Dish has some really yummy stuff.

Jeri said...

Mecca! That is too funny, and so true! I have always wanted to try it out, and it is good to hear they have your stamp of approval.

There is a new my girlfriends kitchen on the 1 and 175. Have you heard if they are good as well?

Jenni said...

Jeri, I haven't ever been there, but I'd be willing to try My Girlfriends Kitchen! Let's go sometime!!

And to everyone else - I think I'm going to go back to Let's Dish in July so if anyone is interested lets go together!:)

supersonicjan said...

oooh, this kid in my class' wife works there and he gave me a coupon, so I really want to try it. call me before you go next time-I want to do it (and I have no dinner creativity after I've been working 12 hour days)