Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

My mothers day was really great! Not only did Adrian write that really sweet post for me (aww thanks Babe!), but he also pampered me all day long yesterday and on Saturday. On Saturday we went out to Olive Garden as a family (everyone loves the food there, even Nina). I got my favorite portobello ravioli and the kids couldn't get enough of their breadsticks. Then yesterday Adrian took care of all meals and even tidied up the house and did laundry. In the morning the kids brought me a bowl of Special K in bed (my favorite breakfast) and Adrian got the kids ready for church pretty much all on his own. I did help out with Nina's hair, but other than that Adrian did it all. At church there were really wonderful non-guilt inspiring talks and then after church I got to take a lovely nap while Adrian made an AWESOME dinner!! He made herb roasted pork tenderloin, Moroccan fingerling potatoes, and roasted asparagus. Oh it was SO good!! And Adrian came up with the menu and went shopping for all the ingredients completely on his own (and a bit secretively:)). It was one of the best home-made dinners I've ever had and I told him he completely ruined his "I can't cook" facade!! Thank you so much Adrian!! I am a lucky girl! And thank you to my very sweet children who made me cards, presents, and even tried hard to be quiet during my nap. I think yesterday is one of those days I'd like to sign up for the "groundhog day" treatment - I'd be happy to relive it over and over!:)

6 comments:

Christie said...

Awww, sounds like a great day. I am glad that your dinner turned out good. What a sweet man you have. See mothers day isn't just about mom's, it is a chance for men to shine too. :-)

Corinne said...

Seriously, I am feelin the love on this blog right now. What a lucky wife you are :)

Anonymous said...

How in the world did he become such a great cook? He needs to take dinner to all the women who just gave birth in the ward. They would all love it! You are a lucky woman to have a romantic guy who writes sweet things about you and is a chef.

Jann said...

What an awesome day. Your family did really well. Fun day.

Jen Crook said...

A few of us got super lucky when it came to the husband-pickin's.

Cami said...

A lovely day!