Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another Ben Funny

I don't know if it's Ben's age or personality, but he cracks me up so often lately and this morning was no exception. For this to make sense I must let you know that the kids watch Sleeping Beauty pretty much nonstop in the car. Nina loves that movie and Ben and Sophie happily tolerate it. Okay, so this morning I had some errands to run after dropping Sophie off at school and as we were driving along and of course Sleeping Beauty was playing. So Ben, obviously inspired by the "Once Upon a Dream Song" said, "Nina I'm going to sing you a love song because I love you." And then off he went into his own made-up love song which went something like this (I'm paraphrasing):

"Nina I love you because you love POP TARTS* and I sing you a love song in the car. We're going to King Sooper and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH because you are my sister and you like Star Wars and we are happy in the car. You are so sweet and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH."

*Note: Every time there's caps just imagine that in falsetto.:)

Oh. My. Goodness. I was cracking up, but trying to hold it in because I knew he would stop singing if I laughed too hard. It was so great and I seriously had tears. After he was done singing he reprized the song a couple more times, but they were all pretty similar sometimes mentioning Star Wars and sometimes mentioning Polly Pockets. Then he asked Nina if she liked his song, but she was ignoring him and completely absorbed in the movie, so I told him I loved his love song and was so happy he was singing to Nina. Man, I love that kid!!

6 comments:

Christie said...

SO cute... I can't stand it. :-) I love it when they make up songs

Unknown said...

LOL!!!! That was so funny!!! He sounds like a very cute kid.

Jared - Christina said...

What a sweet boy! I'm so glad you shared!

Cami said...

AHHHH! What a cutie. I LOVE the falsetto. Awesome.

Heidi said...

So cute!

Tracy said...

I can't wait to hear the song he composes for Selena at their wedding. I had no idea he was such a romantic!