- Away in a Manger (Celtic Woman)
- Blue Christmas (Elvis)
- Carol of the Bells (Celtic Woman - I love their Christmas CD)
- Caroling Caroling (Nat King Cole - lovely classic)
- Childrens Winter (Barra MacNeils)
- It's Christmas/Baby Please Come Home (U2)
- Christmas in Kilarney (Barra MacNeils)
- Christmas Pipes (Celtic Woman)
- The Coventry Carol (Allison Moyet - I LOVE this song)
- Ding Dong Merrily on High (Celtic Woman, again, this one reminds me of Little Women)
- Do You Hear What I Hear (Bing - classic and wonderful)
- Elf's Lament (BNL - so funny)
- Gabriel's Message (Sting at his finest)
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (BNL and Sarah McLachlan)
- I Believe in Father Christmas (Vertical Horizon)
- I Saw Three Ships (Sting)
- Little Road to Bethlehem (Shawn Colvin)
- A Long December (Counting Crows - this song totally reminds me and Adrian of when we started dating Christmas of '96, it was all over the radio and we spent a lot of time in the car... That sounded bad didn't it. I just meant going to and from dates... Geeze get your head out of the gutter! Though admittedly we did do our fair share of making out too!! Hee hee.;))
- O Holy Night (Michael Crawford - fantastic version)
- Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy (Bing and Bowie - awesome)
- Silent Night (Sarah McLachlan)
- The Wexford Carol (Celtic Woman)
- What Child is This (Kristin Chenoweth)
- Winter Wonderland (Eurythmics - another one I can not do without at Christmas)
Monday, November 24, 2008
It's Beginning to Sound a Lot Like Christmas
For the last couple of years we have been making Christmas CD's with our favorite songs. Some songs are givens - it wouldn't be Christmas without Sting's "Gabriel's Message" or Elvis' "Blue Christmas", but this year I bought a couple new songs off itunes that sounded especially nice. So here's the Christmas '08 Playlist:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Very fun! Thanks for a good list.
Darn it all, that was ME.
Great list! We have lots in common but I also got a lot of great ideas. Do you know Sufjan Stevens? He is quirky but very fun. You might like some of his Christmas stuff.
wahoo! i just emailed this list to myself :)
I love the Bing/Bowie. Such a strange pairing.
Post a Comment