- Ben and Nina had a playgroup Halloween party with a bunch of kids from the neighborhood. It's nice that our neighborhood has this organized playgroup so I get to know the ladies around here better and the kids get to know the other kids too.
- We went to the ward trunk or treat which is always fun, but we certainly realized just how huge our ward is and how few people we know - it's going to take some time to get to know everyone.
- Last Monday we were invited over by the very kind Miner family to have FHE with them and carve pumpkins. We all had a great time!
- Sophie had her school party, which by her account was very fun.
- Sophie had a daddy daughter activity days Halloween party were they carved pumpkins and had yummy treats.
- Ben had his preschool party which was attended by Nina and me too. Thank goodness for kind preschool teachers who let Nina completely destroy their very organized building block storage system. (They seriously have a picture of the type of block in front of every place on the shelves and Nina pulled all those blocks down unbeknownst to me while I was helping Ben do a mask project. I tried to clean them up, but they told me not to worry... Very sweet teachers!)
- On Halloween we did all our traditional things - chili and hot dog dinner, trick-or-treating, and serious candy munching while watching a pumpkin carving contest on the Food Network. Our kids love the "Challenges" on Food Network! After the kids went to bed Adrian and I continued munching and watched spooky shows on TV.
I love Halloween! The only disappointing thing this year was that we did not get one trick-or-treater at our house due to the fact our lame builder tore up and re-laid cement on our sidewalk and the house next to us the day before Halloween. The caution tapes all around our sidewalk kept all the cute little trick-or-treaters away. Big bummer for me because that is my absolute favorite part of Halloween - passing out candy. Oh well, hopefully next year we'll have a bunch of trick-or-treaters. However, since I didn't need to stick around our house to pass out candy we all got to go trick-or-treating as a family and hearing Nina's sweet little voice say, "Twi a Tweet" was priceless! Ben and Nina went home with Adrian after about a block and I stayed out to canvass more of the neighborhood with Sophie who was all into the quantity of candy she got this year!
Oh my goodness, I completely forgot to even say what the kids dressed up as - Sophie was a witch, Ben was Anakin Skywalker, and Nina was Cinderella. Everyone was very adamant about their costume choices this year and I could not sway them towards any kind of family themed costumes. So at the trunk or treat Adrian wore his Cat in the Hat hat and I wore my cropped bright blue wig. It probably did not help out my getting to know people in the ward wearing blue hair to the trunk-or-treat, I don't think anyone recognized me except the sweet sister I team teach with in primary. Oh well, as the years go by I'm sure the ward will recognize me as the Halloween freak I am.:)
Here's some pics from our Halloween:

10 comments:
That's too bad you guys didn't get any trick or treaters. We had chili dogs for dinner on halloween too. Halloween sure is becoming a big 'ol holiday with all the parties and whatnot, but I think it's fun.
Sounds like a fun Halloween for you guys. The kids all looked great. I love your blue wig. I can't wait to see you!
wow what a busy time... I love your blue hair, I think you should wear it to church... That would make everyone know you.
Oh, my favorite Halloween friend. I'm glad you had a good one. LOVE the blue wig, you funny girl. We don't get many trick or treaters. Mostly teenagers.
What a fun time you had. I wish you spent it here though. That's so nice the teachers didn't say bad things to your face about Nina destroying their blocks :)
Good luck getting to know everyone in your ward. Even though it won't be as great as Savage Mill, I'm sure you'll find some nice friends.
I love that wig!
no trick or treaters??? that is a SAD story. i do love that hair :) i want you to come visit me!!!
Oh you look so cute! Love the wig.
So sorry about the trick or treaters. That's almost the best part.... almost.
what fun what fun! i'm the opposite. i hate handing out candy because i can't stand the 14 and up crowd. love the little ones, tho!
good luck getting to know people in your ward. it can be easy to get lost in a big congregation.
I absolutely love the potato head jack-o-lantern! Wow! Love the blue wig, too!
Post a Comment