Monday, July 09, 2007

Tents and Transformers

So after a wonderful week full of lovely girls nights (thanks ladies!!), Adrian and I went on a real date Saturday night!! Yay! I thought of an ingenious (if I don't say so myself:)) plan for babysitting. I put Nina to bed before we left and Adrian set up the tent in the basement for Sophie and Ben to sleep in. A few months ago Ben was afraid of tents (at least really afraid of sleeping in one) and now he loves them. We put the hide-a-bed mattress in the tent and put sheets on it and everything so that Sophie and Ben sleep with their regular blankets and all - we think that the whole sleeping bag on the ground thing might have been Ben's hang up. They actually sleep so well in the tent! But the major benefit is that they went to bed in the basement so they didn't have to go anywhere near Nina's room the whole night, therefore not waking her up! And it worked. Nina slept peacefully the whole night according to the babysitter. Success!!

Adrian and I went to Transformers. It was definitely entertaining. I think it was perfect for Adrian; he loved the original cartoon as a kid. It was action-packed and all Spielbergized with amazing special effects. I really like the actor who played the main character, Shia LaBeouf. He reminds me a lot of John Cusack in his younger years. I am a huge Say Anything fan! Anyways, I told Adrian that I thought the movie was the male equivalent of a live action My Little Pony movie with Colin Firth and Liam Neeson! (For all the 30-ish gals who played with their ponies and Monchhichies while their male counterparts played with Transformers and He-man figures. :)) But like I said it was entertaining and it was so good to get out of the house together and have some couple time! Now I just can't wait to see HP with the hubby too!! So yay, for date nights!

9 comments:

Joni said...

Oooh, Transformers does sound fun. We saw the preview in the theater. I love how you called it the male version of My Little Pony:) Jeff started telling me in great detail about past Transformer movies, so I know he'd love it. I think it comes out here in a few weeks.

GREAT plan for keeping Nina asleep too!

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

Sounds like you had a great week! I didn't even know Transformers was out already, I'm so behind. I'm sure Tim would enjoy that one. Do they have that song in the movie that I remember from all those commercials as a kid? I'm still just anxiously awaiting the movie Becoming Jane and okay of course HP. Love the idea about the hide a bed in the tent, Rowan and Eden love family backyard tent nights.

Cami said...

Oh yes, I'm a Say Anything fan myself. Are you going to HP with us? Jake is coming, so I was hoping to have another hubby along. Transformers looked awesome (the perfect boys night movie, said Jake). I'm glad the kids had fun in the tent!

Christie said...

I loved your my little pony paralell. SO funny.

Jann said...

What fun. I love date nights.

Lynette said...

That's an ingenious idea for the sleeping arrangement...good thinking! I'm glad you had fun at the movies...Dan saw it in Egypt and loved it of course, what boy wouldn't?

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome blogger, honestly where do you find the time? I am fit to be tied around here and never even seem to find time just to check my mail!
Take your kids to see Evan Almighty...it was a very cute and clean (surprisingly) movie. Tessa loved all the animals. We also saw Ratatouille last week. Glad you had such a fun week. I am already lookign forward to school starting again and they have only been out a week!

Corinne said...

I'm glad you went out on your date with Adrian. We missed you, but it sounds like you had a lovely night out :) Clint LOVED Transformers

ashlee said...

Yes, yea for date night! Transformers is on Doug's list--kind of leaves me cold but i'll sacrifice for my man! Glad you had a great time and glad ALL the kiddos slept well!

Now I have to get "Monchichis monchichis, OH so soft and cu-duh-leeee" out of my head...Thanks for that one;)