Saturday, January 03, 2009

New Years Movie and Hair

Since the kids have been doing so well in movies lately we decided to stretch our luck on New Years day and take them to a live-action flick Marley and Me. It went okay, but the movie really wasn't the best kids movie. Yes, it is about a lovable and badly behaved pooch, but we didn't have the foresight to really check into the plot of the movie. Let's just say it ends on a very sad note and there was a lot of sex talk and a skinny-dipping scene to boot, yep not exactly what we were hoping for. I think it could be a great family movie if your youngest child is around 10 or 11. Anywho, we made it through the movie with lots of pop corn and candy consumption and all in all the kids were pretty well behaved but bored, so we'll probably be sticking to Pixar movies for a while.

One funny observation during the movie though is that my little Nina has Owen Wilson's hair. I don't know how this happened (Adrian's probably wondering this too! Ha!:))and she probably needs a hair cut, but I couldn't stop thinking of the resemblance the whole time. Funny.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

She's gotten so big, how did that happen

Christie said...

LOL!!! Too funny, I saw this movie w/o kids and thought it was a really cute show.... but you're right, not exactly a family flick. I wish they would have left that business out, they would have had a sure sale from me w/ the DVD.

Jann said...

Yes, she does have his hair cut. I would say that she is not the one that needs the hair cut.

Cami said...

HA! Yeah, I thought that was supposed to be a good family movie! Lame.

ashlee said...

ah yes. i see the resemblence! and i agree with jann completely!

glad you all had a great christmas and new years! cheers to lloyd!

Corinne said...

THAT is AWESOME!!! How funny~! Too bad the movie wasn't a good fit - you're good for trying though!

Tracy said...

I had heard about the movie, so I didn't take my kids, but they were dying to see it because of the dog. I love the hair shots!

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

Way cool hair! That is too cute. Sorry about the movie but it sounds like it was still a nice family time out.

Heidi said...

Of course, the hair looks much cuter on Nina!