Monday, October 22, 2007

Crazy Marie Moment

Did anyone else just see Marie Osmond drop unconscious on the Dancing with the Stars stage?? I was cringing as I always do when Marie Osmond is dancing and talking to the judges, just because she is a complete cheese-ball, but then she stopped talking and fell to the floor. I couldn't believe it. And I felt so bad for thinking what a campy nut she was right before it happened. She may be a cheese-ball, but she's a Mormon cheese-ball and in the end there's just something that makes me want to root for her as our own home-grown celebrity of sorts. The show came back on and she's alright and everything, but wow that was a crazy live TV moment. I'm sending good vibes Marie's way and I'm actually contemplating voting for her, just to make up for my unkind thoughts right before she fainted, even if she pulled cheesy faces and got pretty close to winking at the camera a couple of times during her rumba.:)

12 comments:

Cami said...

Oh my gosh!! That's crazy! I would have been doing the same thing, making fun and what not, until she fell. Then I'd feel all guilty. Jake, of course, asked if she was ok, then asked if it was on YouTube.

Jared - Christina said...

I saw it! Totally freaked the host out! Her dance wasn't that great. I did vote for her though...along with everyone else. I just like them all for different reasons.

Anonymous said...

Chris just happened to be at the airport where there was a tv and saw it. I guess you'll have to think nice thoughts about cheesy people from now on!

Joni said...

I just saw the clip on People. It was so cringe-worthy. All that giggling and bouncing in a dress that looks like a Disney princess come to life... but she really did drop like a rock. It was shocking, even after I knew that it was coming!

Mendy said...

Poor Marie. I only fainted in 11th grade health class while watching the birthing film (how's that for ironic) and I was ridiculously embarrassed. I can't imagine fainting on T.V.

How do we Mormons divide our votes among 3? It's a quandary.

Lynette said...

I missed it...that's crazy!!! Is she alright? I'll have to watch the results to hear what they say about her. CRAZY!

Julia said...

I saw it on the Results show (for some reason I never watch the Monday edition). I've been keeping track because there were several stars this season I love--Jane Seymore, Marie, and even Wayne Newton ;) Marie does look a little out of place with her 80's hair and frilly outfits, but I'm glad to see her sticking to more modest attire (some of their outfits--I just have to ask WHY??? Why the yellow fluffy thing that looked like a baby chick had thrown up all over her??? WHY????)

Julia said...

Oh, and it was nice to see that one of her brothers was there supporting her (I think it was Jimmy?). She went down so fast her partner didn't even catch her. And she was just so matter-of-fact about it afterwards. Nothing to hide, no pretenses made, just 'I faint sometimes when I forget to breathe'. I really liked how it was handled. So many other people would have to be rushed off to the hospital and someone would mention the D word, but no question of that with Marie!! :D

Anonymous said...

I saw that on a news highlight. I just haven't gotten into that show. We use our evenings to catch up on old Psych reruns that we have missed before we had our DVR.

ashlee said...

have you seen the commercial for Dancing with the Stars now that says, "LIVE! Where anything can happen!" and then poor Marie goes "Ka-Slam!" into the hardwood.

I can't believe i was surprised they used it that way!

Brenda said...

Oh! I feel for her too. I actually pass out quite a lot. So I know how she feels.

So funny Mendy, I passed out watching a birthing video in college. I was quite embarrassed.....

Kellie said...

It is a little hard to watch her sometimes, but I'm with Jenni, I just feel I have to root for her. I've been watching her since I was 5 years old. We've practically grown up together.