Monday, October 08, 2007

More Meme Fun

This is a meme that went around a little while ago and I thought it was really fun to read about other people so here it is about me:

Jobs I've gotten paid for:
  1. Carillon Square movie theater employee - this was my first job and I loved it!!
  2. Golden Coral Buffet - this was short lived, but while it lasted I got to ring a bell every time I took hot rolls out of the oven.
  3. Kohler's bakery - this was an okay job, but kind of lonely cause all the bakers left around 10am and I was by myself for the rest of the day behind the bakery counter.
  4. Auto Meter - I was an assembly line worker. I put little computer chips and registers into circuit boards for race car and race boat tachometers. Sounds like a lot of fun doesn't it?? *said in a very sarcastic tone*
  5. Janitor at the BYU Art Museum - I actually really loved this job. I got to spend lots of alone time with great art while I cleaned!
  6. Burlington Coat Factory - I worked with a couple of friends from my movie theater days so this was a fun job for me.
  7. Kencraft candy factory - I was again an assembly line worker, but this time I made little gum ball caterpillars day after day...after day....after day...
  8. Carillon Square Movie Theater assistant manager - this was a very brief stint. I had agreed to do this to help out my friend, Bill, who had gone from being a bellman at the theater when I worked there to becoming the general manager and he needed a temporary assistant manager so he called me up. Thank goodness it was temporary - it was my second job during the time that Adrian and I were engaged and it really cut into our blissfully engaged cuddle time.
  9. First Security Bank Teller - I really enjoyed this job. I love the smell of money! And I got to teach a lot of BYU freshmen how to balance their checkbooks, which was challenging at times, but I had fun with it.
My Guilty Pleasures:
  1. Americas Next Top Model and a slew of other lovely reality shows (Top Chef, Project Runway, Top Gear...)
  2. Edward...uh I mean, vampire novels/movies/TV shows (thanks Julia for the heads up on Moonlight - I love it!)
  3. Chocolate - especially Lindt Lindor Truffles
  4. Sleep in days
What were likely the 1st things you thought when you saw your significant other for the first time:
  1. He's cute and he's such a nice guy! (1st time I saw Adrian was when he home-taught me for the first time - we were in the same Heritage Halls ward at BYU and he was my home teacher.)
  2. I'd like to marry someone like him. (It's funny because that night I actually wrote in my journal that I would love to marry a man like Adrian someday because I thought he "glowed" and just exuded love and goodness. Ahhh... I was smitten right from the beginning. :))
Places I've been on vacation in the US: (I almost think I should just write the states I haven't been to because I went on quite a few road trips with my parents as a youngster)
  1. California - I've gone back to Disney and Huntington beach a few times and we went to San Francisco on our honeymoon
  2. Utah - this was when I lived in CA and went to Park City for Christmas vacations, and also we go back there on vacation now a lot
  3. Wyoming - Yellowstone
  4. Montana
  5. North Dakota
  6. South Dakota
  7. Minnesota - usually reunions
  8. Nebraska
  9. Iowa
  10. Missouri
  11. Illinois - Nauvoo!!
  12. Wisconsin
  13. Indiana
  14. Ohio
  15. Pennsylvania - we love Lancaster!
  16. New York
  17. New Jersey - Cape May is gorgeous!
  18. Maryland
  19. DC
  20. Virginia - Williamsburg is very cool.
  21. Kentucky
  22. Tennessee - pilgrimage to Graceland with my Dad and Mom :)
  23. Kansas
  24. Colorado
  25. Arizona
  26. Nevada
  27. Idaho - Rexburg to drop off my brother at Ricks way back when
  28. West Virginia
Places I've been (out of US) - these were on a backpacking excursion when I was 17
  1. France
  2. Germany
  3. Italy
  4. Austria
  5. Switzerland
  6. Denmark
  7. The Netherlands
  8. England
Favorite Foods
  1. Beef with Snow Peas - I love Chinese food.
  2. Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream - Mmmmm...
  3. Strawberries -especially strawberry crepes
  4. Asparagus - steamed with butter and salt - Yum!
Websites I Visit Daily:
  1. Lots-o-blogs
Nicknames I've been called:
  1. Jenni-Furry - this was when I was a baby because I had lots of dark hair and I liked to have my head rubbed:)
  2. All the Jennifer nicknames - Jenni, Jen, with Jenni being my name of choice (but seminary teachers always called me Jen and I really didn't like it)
  3. Elmer Fudd
  4. Glue
  5. Indie - this was during my Indiana Jones obsession in middle school, I really wanted to become an archaeologist
  6. Iggie - a weird mixture of Indie and Glue which made sense in middle school, but no longer does
  7. Fence Post - long story which I can't remember, but my best friend Nikki was Corn Cob and they went together for some long-forgotten reason
  8. Jeniper - my nephew James called me this when he was little and it was very cute
  9. Daedre - this was my HS vampire name (my boyfriend was Ambrose, yep I was a bit artsy-gothic-fartsy)
  10. Shinabur - weird yes, am I going to tell you the story? nope
  11. Jenni Dear - this is when Adrian is trying to kiss up and it's a nice nickname:)

If you haven't done this one yet, it's fun! Give it a try. :)

7 comments:

Christie said...

I loved the nick name part of this one. I would love to hear the stories sometime. :-) What interesting jobs too. Nice post.

Jann said...

Oh, very fun to read this. I loved it. Yes, the nickname stories, I would like to hear them sometime too.

Corinne said...

I didn't know you'd been an assembly line worker! You go girl!

Jeri said...

Wow! You had so many jobs, and so many nicknames....AND you have been so many places! Fun to read more about you Jenni.

Julia said...

Hmmm, I may have to try this one too. And you're welcome for Moonlight, I'm enjoying it quite a bit myself :) Oh, and if you can, you should give blood this month--the Red Cross T-shirts have a vampire on them! "Blood Donors wanted" So fun!

Anonymous said...

So fun to read about you. I love that Adrian glows! What a prince!

Deb said...

fun, jenni! you've had a slew of interesting jobs and perhaps a list of place in the u.s. you HAVEN'T been might have been easier! :) loved the nicknames too, iggie shinabur dear!