Monday, October 22, 2007

Bloodsuckers

Much as Bella is to Edward, so am I to mosquitoes. If I lost you in that little analogy, Bella has super yummy smelling blood to her vampire boyfriend in the Twilight series of books and so do I to every darn mosquito within probably a 3 mile radius. They love me! It's horrible.

The reason I'm writing about this right now is because I'm trying to over come the intense urge I feel to scratch my SIX mosquito bites. Yesterday after coming into the house after church I felt all itchy and Adrian said, "Wait, don't move," and tried to smack a mosquito that was buzzing around me. He didn't get it and it flew away, but as I started scratching all my itches I found that I had 5 mosquito bites - 1 on my arm, 3 on my leg, and 1 above my eyebrow!! Can you believe that! It was as if I had walked through a swarm of mosquitoes, but I just walked from my car to our front door. I had taken only Sophie to church because Adrian had stayed home with sick Nina and Ben, so I asked Sophie if she had any mosquito bites and she said she didn't have any itches at all. Isn't that weird. Well no, actually to me it's not weird because I've always known I have very tasty blood to mosquitoes. Ever since I was little I have gotten the record for most mosquito bites acquired on trips to Minnesota for family reunions. Man, if I lived in Minnesota I would be in serious trouble. As it is, where I live now I hardly ever hear complaints of constant mosquito bites. It's just me, and those who are extra-specially tasty like me I guess.

Oh, and if you are wondering how I got my sixth mosquito bite I'll tell you. It was today after I had sprayed myself with Off (after yesterday I wasn't going to take chances today) and I was bringing in a couple of bags of groceries from the car. I even saw the stupid little mosquito flying drunkenly over the bushes by our front door after he had gotten me. I'm going to try to convince Adrian to chop down our front bushes, because I know that the little Cullen mosquito coven must reside in those very bushes! Either we're going to pull out the bushes or I'm going to have to start running in the door faster... Or better yet, lets hope for some really really cold nights to kill them all.

And I should also report that Adrian thinks he killed the offending mosquito from yesterday in our room this morning. Yep, it had looked all over the house and found me asleep in my bed last night. I probably have another bite on me that I haven't found yet...

9 comments:

Deb said...

it's just wrong that you should have to worry about mosquitoes in october!!

Jeri said...

So funny! LOL! I am extra-specially tasty too! I remember once we got a flat tire on the side of the road when I was little. There were eight kids at the time, and we were all lined up on the side of the road while my Dad changed the tire. The mosquitoes were devouring me, and only ME! I remember my Mom telling my Dad to put me in the car, even though it was still on the jack!

I have so many more stories, I bet you do too! We will have to chat. =)

Julia said...

I can relate. Every time I mow my grass I get bug bites. Even when I spray mayself, somehow they manage to find the places I forgot... I hate bugs. Where's the cold snap that's supposed to kill them all off???

Joni said...

This happens to my mom, too. Your Cullen comparison got me smiling:)

Mendy said...

Jenni, I think we've bonded about this before. I just don't understand how Michael and I can sleep next to each other in the same bed and I can wake up with 4 new mosquito bites and he never has one! I feel for you, my friend. When will cooler weather come and save us from these itch-producers!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Jenni, if only it was Edward out there looking for someone to bite. I'd leave my door open. I'm sorry you get bit so much. Time to hibernate. We'll all bring you dinners so you don't have to leave your house :)

Jenny said...

Mosquitos love me, too. Matt and the boys rarely get bites, but if there is a mosquito in the area, it finds me. At least I now live in Denver where mosquito season is short and the climate is dry. Growing up in the south, there would literally be CLOUDS of mosquitoes following me. And we're talking marsh mosquitoes, too. They're HUGE!

Christie said...

You're so funny with your book references. :-) LOL, you know I've heard that they like sweet blood, so maybe they know that you're so sweet.....hehe. They'll all die soon, we have a ton in the back yard, I can't wait till the first big freeze!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I grew up across the street from two ditches and right next to a major irrigation canal. I think the mosquitos that used to swarm our house has made me immune. I honestly don't get bit very often. Living right near the Great Salt Lake, this is also a mosquito-fest and my children are always walking welts, it amazes me that none of them have contracted West Nile Virus.