Adrian and I had a fun date tonight - yay for our babysitting swap! In honor of Halloween we went on a haunted history tour of a neat historic district near us. It was very interesting and a fun way to spend a date night rather than our usual dinner and a movie. From the web site on this particular ghost tour I totally thought it was going to be a scary, but it really wasn't at all. It was more a fun little history walk with a slant towards the odd and unusual. The funniest part was after the tour guide had told a long story about a how a confederate soldier had been killed and fell down a narrow staired alleyway and how he supposedly now haunted this particular alley; she said that people's cameras do not seem to work when they try to take pictures of the spot where he fell. So I whispered to Adrian, "Oh, I'm going to take a picture." Well I took out my cel phone and flipped it open and what did I see but "camera on standby" across my cel screen. Ooooh scary!! Ha! In reality I probably pushed the camera button on the side as a took it out of my pocket (it's a new phone because Nina sucked on my old one and ruined it, so I'm still figuring out how this one works). A second later I did take a pic and it turned out just fine. But you must admit that that was a pretty funny moment to have had my cel camera momentarily not work. :)The tour was about an hour and a half and it was good to be out walking in the brisk fall air with my hubby. I am not a big fan of cold cold, but the crispy fall mornings and evenings are so lovely now. After the tour we had wonderfully delicious cheesecake at the Cheesecake factory. No matter how I try (and I probably shouldn't) I just can't finish a whole piece, so I am looking forward to my leftover Godiva chocolate cheesecake breakfast tomorrow morning. Another Halloweeny thing that we're looking forward to is the 3D release of Nightmare Before Christmas in the theaters, I think it will be awesome in 3D! Oh, how I love Halloween.

12 comments:
I think ghosts don't know how to jam digital pictures. :) I probably would have been scared out of my wits anyway.
What a fun date. What exactly is this tour? More info please.
I'll send you an email Jann to let you know more about it - it was a fun little tour:)
Sounds like fun. That is very creative date. I wish I could think up those things but my brain just naturally goes to "dinner"...without kids!
You are so creative. We went on a date too, but it was dinner with friends then home to watch the shows on our DVR. We'll have to be more exciting next weekend.
hey send me an e-mail too. that sounds like such a fun date! we went to the temple friday night, which was nice and the first time we've gone together since before samuel was born. but a little creativity would be nice, too!
That sounds like fun! I remember how you like Halloween. It is a fun holiday :)
Oh creepy! I am such a chicken, I DO NOT want you to send me an email with that tour info on it. =)
I am glad you had a nice date. Isn't babysitting swap just the best thing ever invented! How many kids are in your swap?
Jeri, we just trade off with the Van Giesons twice a month, and it's been so lovely. It's just so good to have at least one set date-night a month.
Sounds like you had a screamingly good time! :D
I know the tour you're talking about and always have wanted to go on that! I keep thinking I have to wait until the kids are older to go with us. Duh, I didn't even think of date night!!
I've got to try that. Clint and I are lame daters.
Post a Comment