I think that croup is rearing its ugly head again and so early this year. It's so warm outside and hardly even seems fallish, but Nina just developed the barky cough this evening. I had leftover Xopenex from last croup season, so we did a nebulizer treatment and then I spent about 15 minutes with her in our steamed up bathroom, but she still sounded awful. Her little baby babbles sound all raspy and her breathing is so heavy. I am really really hoping we don't have to do a 4am run to the ER for a steroid shot. Right now I'm over at our friends babysitting for our babysitting swap, but I've called a couple of times to check on Nina and Adrian says she's doing alright. He has the baby monitor turned up so he can hear all her coughs to see if they ever get really bad.
Croup has always been a part of my life as a mom - especially during the winters, all of our kids have gotten it lots of times (I think last winter I posted about it all the time too), but that really hasn't eased my anxiety. We've just had so many horrible episodes with croup... Ugh, I am so not happy about the sick season happening again, but hopefully we'll get through this first bout okay. Wish us luck!
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
NO! I'm not ready for sick season. I won't say my kids don't get the croup because I don't want to jinx myself. I take Airborne everyday and shove Vitamin C at my kids like it's candy. I hope Nina gets better!
I feel your pain. Everyone has had a major cold already this fall and I am SICK of it! I, also, am shoving Vit C down their throats like candy. I am the only one who hasn't been sick yet and I better not because there are no sick days for mom. Daryl has been home twice this week...not fair.
OH! I hate croup so so much. You'd think my kids are too old for it, but no. They just keep on a-gettin it. I hope Nina gets better soon without steroids. Those things mess up an already horrible sleep schedule.
Oh, I am so sorry, I sure hope she gets better soon. Poor baby.... poor mama. Good luck.
oh, i'm so sorry. i hope it's short-lived and that you guys stay healthy long after!
I am so sorry that Croup has found your house again! (Knock on wood for me that none of my kids has ever had that rotten sickness.) I will pray for your sweet Nina.
MAN. Jenni, you have had to deal with some nasty sickness. I was hoping she (and you) wouldn't have to deal with it this year!
Post a Comment