Last night we had a potty-party for Ben to give him his new "big boy" stuff (i.e. underwear, potty seat and Kando wipes). When we told him he was going to have a potty-party he said, "I have cake?!!" So we even had a small cake and I wrote "Happy Potty Party" on it with icing. It was a fun little party and Ben was so excited to get his new big boy underwear and potty seat and he readily gave all his diapers to Nina. It was giving all her diapers to a friend's baby brother that worked for Sophie when she was finally potty trained (on the 4th try). And then last night Ben did go on the potty and we were so happy - high fives and hugs all around. But then today so far we are: accidents - 2 and going on the potty - 0. I am staying all positive with Ben, but can't help feeling frustrated. I felt like we were on the right track last night, but now I'm dubious that Ben is going to soon learn to hold it till he gets to the bathroom. So far today he hasn't even tried to make it to the bathroom on time. Why does potty training have to be so hard?? I have little less than a month to potty train Ben before the start of preschool and I really don't want to have to send him to preschool in pull-ups... I so wish kids came with instructions like,"this is the potty training method that will work for Ben..." Wouldn't that be wonderful?? Well wish us luck and I hope I have good news to report on the potty front soon.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Jumping on the Potty Train
Last night we had a potty-party for Ben to give him his new "big boy" stuff (i.e. underwear, potty seat and Kando wipes). When we told him he was going to have a potty-party he said, "I have cake?!!" So we even had a small cake and I wrote "Happy Potty Party" on it with icing. It was a fun little party and Ben was so excited to get his new big boy underwear and potty seat and he readily gave all his diapers to Nina. It was giving all her diapers to a friend's baby brother that worked for Sophie when she was finally potty trained (on the 4th try). And then last night Ben did go on the potty and we were so happy - high fives and hugs all around. But then today so far we are: accidents - 2 and going on the potty - 0. I am staying all positive with Ben, but can't help feeling frustrated. I felt like we were on the right track last night, but now I'm dubious that Ben is going to soon learn to hold it till he gets to the bathroom. So far today he hasn't even tried to make it to the bathroom on time. Why does potty training have to be so hard?? I have little less than a month to potty train Ben before the start of preschool and I really don't want to have to send him to preschool in pull-ups... I so wish kids came with instructions like,"this is the potty training method that will work for Ben..." Wouldn't that be wonderful?? Well wish us luck and I hope I have good news to report on the potty front soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
MAN do I feel for you. I'm proud of your potty party though! That's awesome!!
Oh, good luck with this. It truly got so much easier for me when this part of parenting was over.
Good luck, Jenni and Ben!
I'll say a prayer for you! :) Heaven knows how many I said for myself when I was potty training Eli!!
Hey, I want those instructions too!!
Post a Comment