Warning: this is a potty post... :)
This is the potty-training update I was hoping to do and it's coming true... Ben has kept his Pull-Ups dry for a day and a half now and that is including last night!!! YAY!! We ended up doing the Pull-Up thing because he has more fear of making the little cars in the front disappear if he pees on them then of peeing in underwear or on the floor - go figure, wouldn't you think the later would be more traumatic?? Anywho, I am so happy with his progress!! I must say that I think a turning point was yesterday. Ben had a little playdate with Eli over at Christina's and actually went in Eli's cool musical potty-chair. Then sweet Christina had a "potty parade" for Ben, picking him up and marching him around her house singing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" and letting him pick a treat from Eli's special potty treat jar. I think it worked like a charm! Christina, you are a good friend for getting so excited for Ben's success and helping out the potty situation immensely! Ever since that potty parade Ben has gone in the potty! We've been having lots of rounds of "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow"! It has just been #1's, but I'm not going to worry about the #2's right now - I'm fine with letting him go in the Pull-Up and changing it after, I'm sure that will come in time. (Man, is that just a little too much detail for all of you not in the middle of potty training?? I feel like potty talk has taken over my whole vocabulary at the moment. Sorry.)
So we still have lots to work on, switching over to underwear and making sure Ben tells us when he has to go (he has a couple of times now)... But I am happy with the progress and hopeful it will continue. Yay!
Friday, August 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hooooray!!!! I'm soo happy that today was a good one!! The smallest steps towards being potty trained are the greatest victories!! YAY Ben! :) It was sure fun having you over yesterday (potty parade especially!) Let's do it again soon!
Congratulations! Isn't it funny what we get so excited about now? I wish you continued success on your potty journey.
Keep up the good work Jenni! Motherhood is indeed the greatest adventure in the universe.
YIPPEE. It is such a great day when you have some success.
Good job Ben! We do a potty party too.
You know, my girl was the exact opposite (#2's first and #1 later), but Wyatt was the same way. #2's came much later for him. Good luck to you!
i think potty training is the toughest part of motherhood i have yet to encounter (although refereeing boys who constantly want to play with the same things is making a bid for top spot). i just do not enjoy it, so kudos to you for hanging in there and seeing success come! i hope it continues.
YAY YAY YAY!!!! I'm so proud of him! I, personally, was extremely interested in the PTP and I'm proud of his success. . . but we all know where I am with that . . .
Congrats Benjamin!!
WONDERFUL! OH how those moments make a mommy happy :)
Post a Comment