Think I need to post and think about something other than potty-training so I don't go crazy. (Yeah PT is still not going so well...many accidents, only 1 success and that was yesterday right after my last post...) So I think I'll post about recipe swap last night. By about 7 o'clock last night I was frazzled to say the least and was so happy to get out of the house and leave the bedtime routine to Adrian. So off I went to recipe swap. It was a boost to get out of the house and enjoy the company of the wonderful women in our ward. The conversation was great and the food was awesome. It was nice to forget my day as I chatted. The theme last night was desserts and all the dishes were delicious. I myself took a thawed frozen Oreo cream pie (Edwards brand). I just wasn't up to cooking yesterday with all the potty trips and clean ups. (We had McDonalds for dinner.) Out of guilt tho, I'm going to post the recipe I would have made if I felt up to it. It's a really easy cream cheese pie that sets up incredibly quickly.
No Bake Easy Cheesecake
8 ounces cream cheese
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
9” graham cracker crust
21 ounce can of your favorite pie filling, chilled
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add the milk; stir until well blended. Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla. Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Top with pie filling before serving.
4 comments:
I'm sooo glad you went last night. It is fun to get out and chat, even if we do all gain 5 lbs in the process! Fun night.
That sounds so yummy. I think I will make that this weekend. What a fun idea. I wish I could go--darn Jared moving us to VA. :)
That sounds exactly like the cherry cream pie my family makes for Thanksgiving and other special occaisions! I can attest that it is Very Yummy!
I love you Jenni! That recipe sounds awesome and I'm glad you got out of the house for a while with the girls :)
Post a Comment